Categorized | News

President Goodluck Jonathan release statement regarding Bombimg of This Day Offices


STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE: PRESIDENT JONATHAN CONDEMNS BOMB BLASTS AT NEWSPAPER HOUSES IN ABUJA AND KADUNA
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has condemned the bomb blasts which occurred earlier today at newspaper houses in Abuja and Kaduna.
The President who received the sad news in Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire where he is attending an Extra-Ordinary Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) on the situation in Mali and Guinea-Bissau, described the attack as “ignoble, misguided, horrendous and wicked.”
President Jonathan reaffirmed the commitment of the Federal Government (FG) to continue to uphold the constitutional right to freedom of expression in general and of press freedom in particular, pledging that criminal elements bent on instilling fear in the minds of Nigerians and foreigners will not succeed.
The President urged media practitioners not to be dissuaded from carrying out their fearless campaign for peace, justice and equity as democracy cannot flourish without press freedom.
President Jonathan commiserated with the bereaved families and other innocent victims of the explosions, and also prayed that Almighty God will grant them succour in their moment of grief and the souls of the departed, peaceful repose.
The President further assured all Nigerians that the Administration remains undeterred in its resolve to ensure the safety of lives and property at all times.

REUBEN ABATI
Special Adviser (Media & Publicity) to the President
April 26, 2012.

3 Responses to “President Goodluck Jonathan release statement regarding Bombimg of This Day Offices”

  1. dubem says:

    Why is it that some Nigerians dont always face fact rather they prefer name calling. Does one destroy his own house? GEJ is doing everything within his power to contain the violence perpetrated by BH,instead of giving the necessary support,some unpatriotic idiots because politics are have resorted to making things worse. We have just on Naija,and are responsible for whatever happens to it,through what we say and do. Naija doesnt belong to GEJ and his cabinet,we are all stakeholders and should call a spade by its name.

  2. olumayowa says:

    GEJ & Abati, the weekly chief mourners of the federation. They were warned last week by US, UK & Australia, their tripod brother in dis-information minister- Labaran was calling those countries name instead of taking actions.

  3. baba says:

    Mr president, u re just a toothless bull dog, all u do it tell us dat ur administration is bent on overcoming the bombing, when u re the person master minding the bombing, Nigerians re tired of being fooled. For how long shall we hear this trash?!!!!! I swear on my live that the president and his cabal re aware of this mischief just to divert the attention of Nigerians from the issue of subsidy to the issue of bombing. Mr president the joy about the whole issue is u can’t live 4ever, do ur worst to us on earth. Nd God shall deal with you in heaven.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks


Leave a Reply


9 − three =

Share Nigerians Saving Nigerians With Your Friends

Nigerians Saving Nigerians is registered as a nonprofit corporation with the Secretary of State of Texas, U.S.A. Nigerians Saving Nigerians is a nontribalistic and nonprofit organization, founded on the 27th of September, 2011. The purpose of Nigerians Saving Nigerians is to strengthen civic duties among Nigerians in order to foster peace and prosperity. The purpose of the Nigerians Saving Nigerians website is to provide a platform where Nigerians can organize peacefully in order to strengthen the development of Nigeria.

Find Us On Facebook

Featured video on Nigerians Saving Nigerians: Spoken word performance by President Barack Obama Fellow, Omololu Omotosho.

php developer india

Video of the week: Africa Rising

php developer india