Special Assistant to President Jonathan on New Media, Mr. Reno OmokriI witnessed the Special Assistant to President Jonathan on New Media, Mr. Reno Omokri, demean a Nigerian citizen on facebook and i intervened out of my zest for justice.
This is the transcript of the conversation that occured via facebook on tuesday, January 10, 2012
Mr. Reno Omokri updated his status on facebook:
“”Two things happened when man fell. 1-Man lost dominion over the earth. 2-Man sinned and was condemned to death.Therefore, for God to restore His purpose for mankind and the earth, He had to lift that death sentence on man’s head. Then after that, he had to restore dominion to man.This is what Jesus meant in John 10:10 when He said-the thief comes to steal (your dominion) kill ( death sentence for sin) and destroy (God’s purpose for man) but I come that they may have life (lifting the death sentence on man via His sacrificial death) and have it more abundantly (the abundant life that you have when your dominion is restored). But all these are promised to only those who believe in Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. As we approach 2012, consider the words of Jesus In John 14:6 “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” There is no other way. So if you have not entered through the Jesus way, think deeply and make that decision to make Jesus your Saviour. If you believe, say “Jesus, I believe in you and your sacrificial death on the cross as well as your resurrection. Come into my heart, I confess you as my Lord and Saviour”. Now if you have done this, look for a bible believing church and start to study the bible. Don’t be ashamed. Remember Jesus said In Matthew 10:32-33 “Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.”"
Mr. Yomi Olugbenro stated: “12 pressing questions on my mind:
1. N240b was budgeted in 2011 and N1.3t was spent on fuel subsidy. Who approved the extra N1 trillion and more? Extra budgetary spending?
2. Maximum of N300b was spent on fuel subsidy on annual basis up to 2010. Who were those that approved the papers for the payment of N1.3t in 2011?
3. We were told that selling fuel at N65 in Nigeria will keep encouraging smuggling to neighbouring countries where fuel sells for between N170 to N200 per litre. Will that stop if fuel is sold at N140 in Nigeria? Isn’t there enough incentive between selling at N140 and N200 or is there a plan to actually move the price to N200 (since we are the “giant of Africa”?)
4. What did we do with the billions of dollars saved from the World Bank and IMF’s debt forgiveness? The same minister is still in power.
5. We started privatisation since 26 years ago with the continued promise that recurrent expenditure would be reduced. But recurrent expenditure has increased from 50% to 73% as at 2011. How has our own privatisation resulted in building up of overheads?
6. Why can’t we make a scape goat of those who have enriched themselves and impoverished Nigerians through corruption in government?
7. “Nigeria is broke” as they want us to believe, but the President want 6 presidential jets in his fleet when the British PM flies BA. Who is fooling who?
8. How can the government continue to ask the already improvised Nigerians to keep making sacrifices for a “better tomorrow” when they live in opulence and luxury at the expense of our collective wealth?
9. What is difference between this government and previous administration that will make Nigerians believe their empty promises?
10. Do we need 42 ministers and the retinue of advisers, special advisers and senior special advisers that follows?
11. Do we really need a full-time national assembly?
12. Do we really need two different chambers of national assembly?”
Mr. Reno Omokri replied: “Yomi Olugbenro This space is entirely devoted to the projection of my personal beliefs in God through His Son Jesus. I maintain a political profile-facebook.com/buildupnigeria. Please direct political messages there. Thank and may God bless you.”
Mr. Omololu Omotosho made the following statements on the status update: “@ Reno Omokri Are you sure you are not a hypocrite?”
“Reno Omokri, Most people cannot be wrong, check yourself man”
Mr. Allen Ogedengbe joined the conversation: “Last I checked Reno Omokri, build up Nigeria says: The Build Up Nigeria Project is a non governmental initiative founded by Reno Omokri to build Nigeria’s image by projecting good things about Nigeria and Nigerians in order that first Nigerians then the rest of the world can celebrate Nigeria.
And I remember before the elections you said that build up Nigeria was non partisan. What has changed?
I think it behooves your person to answer Mr. Olugbenro’s questions.
Mr. Reno Omokri replied: “Thank you Allen Ogedengbe. I will be blocking you and anyone who politicized this profile. Thank you.”
Mr. Omololu Omotosho made this statements on the status update: “block me Reno, I am more popular than you…..”
“he may want the money but not the honest work…..Nigeria does not work like that anymore”
Mr. Omololu Omotosho also commented on Mr. Reno Omokri’s status update by posting the URL of an interesting article written by Nigerian youths for Mr. Reno Omokri to enjoy, the article was deleted and Mr. Reno Omokri replied Omololu Omotosho by stating, “Omololu Omotosho This profile is meant for the projection of my beliefs in God through His son Jesus. If you want to discuss politics please go to the profile I opened up for that purpose (facebook.com/buildupnigeria). I will have no choice but to block anyone who attempts to politicize my personal private profile. Thank you.”
What are you thinking?