Total find Oil Field off Nigeria coast

French Oil Company, Total, has found a new oil field off the coast of Nigeria.
This is a quote from the Press statement Total released “(TEPNG) struck black gold about 40 miles (65km) off the coast of the oil-rich Niger Delta. One of the reservoirs tested at about 8,500 barrels of oil a day. This strategy is focused on two priorities. On one hand, to strengthen exploration near our production hubs in the conventional offshore to maintain our production levels. On the other hand, amplify deep offshore exploration on riskier prospects of large size around the Akpo and Usan field to grow our reserves. TEPNG holds a 40 percent stake in the company, while its NNPC partners hold the remaining 60 percent.”
Total’s Senior Vice President (Exploration), Marc Blaizot, went further to state “With the exploration being undertaken in Nigeria, Total intends to strengthen its growth strategy,”
Total has been present in Nigeria for fifty years. Total’s equity production averaged 300,000 barrels of Oil equivalent per day in 2010. Total has been focusing more on Offshore, deep-water oil fields in recent years.

What are you thinking?

2 Responses to “Total find Oil Field off Nigeria coast”

  1. Brandi says:

    Furrelaz? That’s marvelously good to know.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks


Leave a Reply


× 6 = forty two

Share Nigerians Saving Nigerians With Your Friends

Nigerians Saving Nigerians is registered as a nonprofit corporation with the Secretary of State of Texas, U.S.A. Nigerians Saving Nigerians is a nontribalistic and nonprofit organization, founded on the 27th of September, 2011. The purpose of Nigerians Saving Nigerians is to strengthen civic duties among Nigerians in order to foster peace and prosperity. The purpose of the Nigerians Saving Nigerians website is to provide a platform where Nigerians can organize peacefully in order to strengthen the development of Nigeria.

Find Us On Facebook

Featured video on Nigerians Saving Nigerians: Spoken word performance by President Barack Obama Fellow, Omololu Omotosho.

php developer india

Video of the week: Africa Rising

php developer india